Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year was a first for our family. Since we've been married we have rotated where we spend the holidays with each of our families. This year we decided to stay home for Thanksgiving. The hubs had the entire week off and we thought it would be nice to relax at home. And our toddler isn't the easiest person to travel with right now :) I have very fond memories of spending time with grandparents and cousins during Thanksgiving. I want my children to have the same memories so this won't be a tradition, but it was nice this year.

We invited my grandparents, who usually stay home or go out to eat, to join us. Even though it was just going to be us I still wanted all of the traditional Thanksgiving food and I was VERY excited to cook it! I was a little nervous because mostly everything was a first. Thanks to Pinterest I found some great recipes. It took a lot of preparation and time, but everything went smooth and turned out great!

I have so much to be thankful for and it was nice spending time with the most special people in my life.

Now, bring on Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment