Sunday, November 11, 2012

Yummy Rainy Day Recipe

Today has been a cold and rainy day. I've got my sweats on, a fire going and I'm loving every second of it! One of my favorite things to eat on a day like this is potato soup.

I have a really good recipe that I've always relied on, but I'm always open to trying something new. So, when I found this recipe on Pinterest (because where else do you get recipes?) I gave it a try. Oh. My. Goodness. This is by far the best potato soup I've ever had. It's easy, delicious and the best part is you don't have to peel the potatoes!

This recipe can be made in a crock pot or on the stovetop. Here is the original recipe: http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/2011/03/outback-aint-got-nothin-on-me.html?m=1
I pretty much followed it exactly with the exception of adding onions.

Ingredients:

3- 14 oz cans of chicken stock
1 can of cream of chicken
1- 30 oz. bag of hashbrowns
1 block of cream cheese (NOT fat free)

No for the very complicated cooking instructions. Are you ready?

Open everything except the cream cheese, put it in your pot or crock pot, and heat.

If using a crock pot, cook on low for 6 hours. About an hour before serving add the cream cheese.

If using the stove top, cook on med/low heat for 1 hour. Add cream cheese about 20 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment