Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tried it Tuesday: At Home Manicure Trick.

Who doesn't like a good manicure? I love having freshly painted, shiny nails! However, I do not love going to a salon and paying $20 for them. Every time I go I leave thinking, "I could so do this at home." But, the truth is I so cannot.

Every single time I end of with just as much paint on my fingers as I do on my nails. It's so frustrating and so I usually just keep a clear coat on and call it good. 

So, when I saw this  little trick on Pinterest I decided it couldn't hurt to try. I was a little skeptical at first because I am convinced there are thousands of bogus pins floating around just to see what they can get people to put on their bodies all in the name of beauty. But, this one's legit!

After you've moisturized your hands and before you start painting, use a q-tip and apply Vaseline all around your nail. Be careful not to get any on the actual nail. Then paint away. Once the nails are completely dry, wipe away/rub off the Vaseline. Any paint you got outside of your nail will easily wipe away!!

This is one of the best beauty tricks I've ever tried! And as a bonus, it moisturized your cuticles! 

Here is a photo of my most recent paint job! Color is L'Oreal's 'Jet Set To Paris'. 



I know some people are completely against using Vaseline because of some of the ingredients.  Something of a similar consistency may work, but I'm not sure. 

I hope this helped someone out. I know I have at least one reader who loves a good at home mani! ( Hi,Ashley:)


No comments:

Post a Comment