Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's been 10 years...

The month of June was a busy one for our family. There was something planned for almost every weekend. Two of those weekends were spent at 10 year reunions for the hubs and I. We both graduated with small classes and the turnout at both reunions was small, but we a great time both weekends!

My reunion was first. We had a family BBQ at a local park. We had fun, but got rained out early. That evening all of the adults got together for dinner. We had a blast! It's always fun to be around a group of people, some who you haven't seen in 10 years, and just pick up where you left off. 

I honestly was afraid there would be a lot of awkward silence. There was none! We talked a LOT! It was exactly like high school except the subject of conversation was drastically different. Instead of talking about boys, clothes and what we should do this weekend, we talked about our children, birthing our children and all of the crazy things birthing our children did to our bodies :) As I'm sure you figured out, when is say "we" talked, I really mean the girls talked while the guys played an overly competitive game of pool. There's nothing like girl talk especially when there's so much to catch up on!

This past weekend was the Husbands turn. We had a family BBQ at the school and got to take a tour since there have been a lot of changes over the past 10 years. After lunch the adults headed to the lake for an afternoon of sunbathing, skiing attempts and cliff jumping. I definitely did not participate in the latter two activities :) We left the lake, went and freshened up and met back up for dinner. After dinner we went to a cabin by the lake and continued the great conversations and laughs.

I had an equally good time chatting with his friends. I love hearing stories about him from a time when I didn't know him. He grew up with a great group of friends and I'm lucky enough to have some of them as my friends now.

I can't believe how quickly 10 years has passed. So much has changed in that time. There's not a lot that's the same, but a lot that feels familiar. I'm so happy and proud of where I went to school. There is something special about going to a small school and I cherish the memories that I made while I was there.




No comments:

Post a Comment