Monday, July 8, 2013

Our Fourth of July Weekend

Happy Monday! I am trying to get our house back into it's routine and and trying not to pout about the fact that the Hubs had to go back to work after 4 wonderful days off. We had a fantastic, extended Independence Day weekend!

We kicked the weekend off on Wednesday night at our towns firework show. The weather was perfect and the girls had a great time! I wasn't sure how the little one do, but she LOVED it!

Sisters <3


Daddy's Girl <3

On Thursday we actually slept in for once and relaxed most of the morning. That afternoon we went to my brother and sister-in-law's house to celebrate the holiday and their shared birthday :) This was their first time to host a holiday and they did a fabulous job! There was lots of good food, family, and more fireworks!

My Love <3
My brother and one of his babies :)

Boys and their explosives.


Happy Birthday, Eric and Hollie!

My  Grandma's amazing shoes. Seriously. She wears Chucks!
On Friday we stayed home and recuperated from 2 late nights in a row. The Hubs washed and waxed both of our cars, he and the girls had a water fight and later in the evening the girls tried out some sparklers. That was really fun photography!





She was quite dangerous with her sparkler :)
Saturday we spent most of the day doing house work and yard work. It was a very productive afternoon. Later that evening some dear friends of our came over for dinner with their sweet little girl. We had a great time catching up with them. They're such a sweet couple and they are amazing parents. Here's a photo I snapped of their sweet, 5 week old baby girl, Eliana:

Look at all that hair! Isn't she just beautiful?!
Sunday we went to church for part 1 of a new,amazing series. After that we were lazy and relaxed most of the day. The girls played and made messes in every room of the house, Hubs got some PlayStation game time and I put some finishing touches on my laundry room make over and started the daunting task of organizing my digital photos. (I'll be posting about both of those soon!)

What a wonderful weekend we had! I enjoyed every minute of all us being home together for the long weekend. I was sad to see Hubs go back to work this morning, but just 4 more days and he'll be on vacation for 9 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment