Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Four months isn't so bad,right?

Four months since my last blog post?!?! This officially puts me in the "terrible blogger" category!

Since February I have been nothing but busy! So I'm going to use this blog to catch everyone up and then I'll get back to regular posting!

So, the end of January through the middle of March I spent every second planning 2 different parties! In February I threw a surprise birthday party for one of my very favorite people on the planet! My lovely grandma turned 70 on February 16th. (If you've ever seen her, this is shocking, I know!) I turned out perfect! There was a fantastic turnout and she was actually surprised! It was a wonderful party and I'm so happy I was able to do it for her! She deserves it more than anyone I know <3

The day after the birthday party I started putting all of my party planning energy into a bridal shower for my soon-to-be SIL, Hollie! I was so excited to do this for them. Once again, the turn out was wonderful and they got lots of great stuff to help with starting their life out together :)

After the shower I finally was able to take a break from party planning. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to plan parties and events, but it completely consumes my life! I can't think about anything else until it's over and the constant obsession over every detail is exhausting. But, it was all completely worth it!!

April was a HUGE month! My baby  little younger brother got married!! Seriously, if you had told me 5 years ago that he would be getting married, I would have never believed you! But, while he was deployed in Iraq, through a friend, he found his one and only. They balance each other so well and I couldn't have dreamed of someone more perfect for him! They had a beautiful wedding and I was so honored and excited to be a part of it!

May was spent mostly doing end-of-the-year school stuff with big K. She got through Kindergarten beautifully. I am amazed at how much she learned this year! She excelled at reading. She made a 100% on all of her AR tests (reading comprehension) and spelling tests! She also does really well in math. As someone who is terrible at math, this makes me beyond happy! She was blessed with an AMAZING teacher that she absolutely adored :) Overall, it was a wonderful year, but man am I glad it's over! Being the parent of a school aged kid is hard work!

The end of May brought more party planning. This time it was for my baby <3 On turned 2 on June 2nd! She had a great Belbo (Elmo) party. She had a blast and got to play with all of her grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncle. I seriously cannot believe my sweet baby is 2!!! I will do another post with updates about her and all of the fun new things she does and says.

Lastly, I need to touch on a few things from the beginning of the year. 1.) I'm still trying out new recipes every week. I seem to have a lot more misses than hits, but I'll post the ones we do like in an upcoming post. 2.) I'm still living a healthier lifestyle and having great success. I'll give an update on my progress and the changes I've made.

Whew!!! I think I'm mostly all caught up now. I'm excited to start more regular posts. Lots of fun things coming up this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment