Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Ezra's 9 Month Update

Our little guys is 9 months old and has been out almost longer than he was in! What a joyful and quick 9 months it's been! This is a lengthy update since I'm terrible at keeping up :) Also the photos at the end contain some breastfeeding photos, so if that sorta thing offends you don't look. 
 He has gotten so big and learned so many new things since his last update. At his 9 month check up he weighed 23 pounds and was 30 inches long. That puts him at >97% for his age. He started crawling the day he turned 7 months old and hasn't slowed down since. He can now pull up on things and walk around them. He has a push toy that he loves to push around and walk behind. He can stand on his own, but hasn't been brave enough to take any steps. Which is fine with me! He has learned to clap and play patty cake. He can wave and does so to anyone he sees, especially when he catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror:) His language is developing nicely. He has been saying mama and dada for a while now, but he now seems to be connecting those words to us. He also started saying "uh oh" and says it anytime he falls or drops something...which is all the time :) 
  He is still nursing great and eating everything in sight. He eats whatever we eat and we've yet to find anything he won't eat! 
 He's also cut a couple more teeth. Although he did get them in an unusual order. He has his bottom front two, but instead of getting his top front two next, he got the two on each side of where the top front ones should be. So he kinda looks like a kindergartner who's lost his two front teeth.  It's pretty funny :) 
 The most exciting thing to happen recently is his sleep. He FINALLY started sleeping through the night!!! Hallelujah!! With the exception of a couple of 2 week streaks of sleeping 5-6 hours at a time, he has woke up every 2-3 hours his entire life. Which means I was only sleeping for 1 1/2 hours at a time. If you've ever been through that for long periods of time you know how it feels. There wasn't an aspect of my life the sleep deprivation didn't affect. You can only live like that for so long before you feel like you're losing it. I hit that point about 2 weeks ago. I did lots of research trying to find a sleep training method that would work for us. I finally found one and tried it out. It worked! Not only did it work, it worked fast! By the second night he caught on and has been sleeping TWELVE hours straight since then!! It has been a huge blessings and I definitely feel like a new woman. The method we used did involve some crying, but it was very minimal which was important to me. I never felt like I was abandoning him. Since then he has also started napping like a champ! He take one 2 hour nap and one 1 1/2  hour nap. It's nothing short of amazing! If you're struggling with sleep with your little one or are expecting a little one and you'd like information on the method I used, let me know and I'll send you a link. It's a very detailed video series that is easy to follow. 
  I'm clinging to his babyhood with everything I have , but it's certainly slipping from grip all too quickly. As hard as it is, I find so much joy in watching my children grow. I always think there's no way I will enjoy their next stage/age more than the one they're in, but they always prove me wrong! 
 After I had my first baby 8 years ago (what?!?!) I couldn't imagine what it would be like having a complete family. I LOVE babies and I love having them around. I thought I would always want to the leave the option for more children open, just in case baby fever were to strike once more. But, since our sweet boy was born my feelings have started to shift. I've been diligently praying for feelings of contentment and completeness when it comes to the size of our family. Those feelings have started to show along with some bittersweet ones. As sad as I am to close this most amazing chapter of our life, I'm so excited to live the ones to come. I'm excited to watch our children grow and watch their beautiful lives unfold. There will always be babies around for me to hold to calm my baby fever (yay for nieces and nephews!). And one day my babies will have babies of their own, which I'm told is one of life's greatest joys :) I'm excited to see what awaits for our complete family of five <3 

         Stealing a sip of Mom's water. 
He always has that little nose scrunched:)

    Sometimes you need a spoon to eat. 
  Playing outside with his sisters. One of          his favorite places to be!



He's always on the go and can't be tied down too long. So sometimes he insists on sitting on his knees to eat :) 
Nursing smiles. One of my favorite things in the world <3




His truck from Santa for his 1st Christmas. 
         His first Rhems experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment