Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Six weeks postpartum update.

It's already be 6 weeks since I gave birth to my sweet baby boy! I'm going to be giving monthly updates on him, but I thought I would do a update on myself as far as how I'm feeling and my reflections on my birth experience now that I've had some time to think about it out of the moment. 

As far as how I'm feeling, I feel great! Obviously, I'm pretty tired, but within 2 or 3 days of giving birth I felt completely back to my old self. It was amazing! With both girls it was 2 weeks before the soreness went away so I was definitely shocked to be feeling to so good so soon. 

I've lost almost all of the weight I gained. I have about 4 pounds left to loose. I only gained 30 pounds so thanks to having a huge baby and breastfeeding the weight came off in about 3 weeks. However, I'm not even close to looking how I did when I got pregnant. It's amazing how the same weight can look completely different. For a couple of different reasons I wasn't able to workout like I wanted and I definitely let myself indulge with sweets! I still ate healthy foods, but certainly didn't deny myself dessert! And needless to say, it shows. I'm frustrated that I worked so hard to get where I was and just let it go. I realize I carried a baby and it's only been 6 weeks, but I could have done much better! I am proud of what my body accomplished. Now I'm working hard to get back to where I was. 

Looking back to my birth experience my opinions haven't changed. I would still do it all again exactly the same way! I would recommend a water birth to anyone who will listen! I truly believe that because of the water and not pushing in a lying position is the reason I had no tearing and the reason I had zero soreness after 2 days. The soreness I did have was more in my back a legs because of the odd position I held myself in. I'm also so pleased with my decision to use a midwife. I just loved them and the care they provided me with! 

It was the most perfect birth I could have wished for. While I was pregnant I thought for sure Ezra would be our last baby. But after his birth it makes me sad I'll never get to do that again. So, for now I'm choosing to believe that another one isn't out of the question ;) I'll get back with you in a few years on that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment