Friday, May 30, 2014

One Month Update of Ezra Jett

I'm a few days late, but a month has already passed since we were blessed with our sweet boy! 

Ezra is doing great! He is growing like crazy. At his 2 week check up he weighed 10 pounds 9.5 ounces. That's a 2 pound gain in 2 weeks! We haven't weighed him since, but I don't doubt he's keeping up the trend. He also grew 1/4 of a inch. He grew out of the few newborn outfits he had in about 6 days and is now busting at the seams of his 0-3 month clothes.

As you can tell by his growth, he loves to eat! Breastfeeding is going fantastic! He did have some latching issues the first few days, but we were able to correct it pretty quickly. 

His sleep is about as good as you can expect from a newborn. He sleeps a lot, but not for long stretches. He wakes up every 2-3 hours for the first half of the night. For some reason from 3-6am he wakes up every hour. Which, of course, makes for a VERY sleepy mommy! Luckily, right now he and Karoline are napping at the same time so I can usually sneak one in myself. 

My girls have done great with the addition of their baby brother. They both adore him and can't get enough of him. I was a bit worried about how Karoline would do, but it hasn't phased her one bit :) 

This month has flown by, but I honestly can't remember life without him. It seems like he's always been with us. He is such a joy and blessing. I'm so excited to watch him grow and learn. I know how quickly it will go so I'm trying to cherish every second! 

Of course, here are a few pics of our beautiful boy <3 



           All dressed up for church :)


                    Chubby cheeks!


    He has lost most of his hair on the top            of his head :(


                       Napping <3

No comments:

Post a Comment